Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Bones

You. You’re in my bones.
Moving molecules
you startle and surprise me,
all Goliath, all cat...
through my window eyes
..what have you seen?

Consumed by fire, you travel the planet
as smoke and ash, circling in
ever tightening orbits,
arriving unbidden on wind...
in full face your
moon grace glows...

And I see you, hear you, in unexpected
places, your smile shines out
of stranger’s faces. Yet, wretchedly
when looking back
... you’re gone.

Have you chosen to inhabit me, is this
your haunting, then? Is there no
place, no sanctuary...
Or are you doomed eternal
to this heaven, this hell?


@jms 23/jan/08

1 comment:

butterfly woman said...

The poem is called "bones" and I find it getting in mine. I like the phrase 'moving molecules' in the first stanza and in the second stanza, I love the last two lines and how they lyrically flow - in full face you moon grace glows. I find this poem to be a haunting of a spirit but not one that is dead, rather the haunting of one left behind. I love the feel of it and as one who has felt these feelings I believe your language has caught it well.
Are you going to try to publish this ? I think you could.
Frank